homereviewsrecipeslinksmegamallfacebooktwittermyspaceemail

ARCHIVE

 

 

 

Friday, February 09, 2007

Face Your Fears!

Remaking the classic (and not so classic) horror films from the seventies is en vogue right now, but when I heard they were gonna do a "remake" of Faces of Death, I was baffled to say the least. Yeah, I know that the majority of the scenes were faked, but still... a remake of what is essentially a parade of disjointed clip is pretty redundant. Plus, I've seen things ten times worse than the original FOD films on the internet... on accident!

But then I heard that there was a screenplay out there that basically took the premise of the original films (bizarro Dr. Francis B. Gross' ongoing quest to document grisly death scenes) and structured a plot around it (possibly characters investigating a series of mysterious deaths). I have to admit, I love that idea. Very meta. Very modern. It is such a cool idea, in fact, that I quickly shrugged it off as a fan-fueled rumor that would most likely never materialize. Then, today they had a link to what might actually be a trailer for a FOD remake on Aint It Cool.

Now, I don't wanna get my hopes up too much, but the idea's pretty solid and I'm dying for some retro-horror not produced by Michael Bay. Here's hoping that this one is for real.

Check out the trailer, here.

Labels:

posted by Steve at





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

megamallad
 

©2010 Meals and Movies