homereviewsrecipeslinksmegamallfacebooktwittermyspaceemail

ARCHIVE

 

 

 

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mega-Bite: Recipe Look


In educational theory (and in the design world, and probably the world of filmmaking, too), visual thinkers are singled out for their aptitude for sight-based learning and understanding. While I don't consider myself a strictly visual thinker, I do have strong tendencies in that direction.

Those of you who are simlarly inclined may enjoy Recipe Look, a blog that catalogs visual representations of recipes, rather than the more common text format.

On the day I visited, on the top was a beautiful, simple illustration explaining how to stir-fry "Prawns, garlic and Chilli with Green Beans and Linguini."

It didn't have amounts for the ingredients, but most stir-fry recipes are just improvisations that someone has written down, anyway. And the circular graphic told me at a glance in what order to add the ingredients. I almost didn't have to read. I just absorbed. AND I LOVED IT!

(By the way, it reminds me of some of the beautiful photo illustrations in Thomas Keller's new Ad Hoc At Home cookbook, which I got as a Christmas gift.)

When I have more time, I'm definitely going to explore Recipe Look further.

And apparently, those of us so inclined could submit our own illustrations.

Just wanted to take a quick minute and share this exciting little idea with you.

(With thanks from HOW Blog for the link ... )

Labels: ,

posted by Tricia at





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

megamallad
 

©2010 Meals and Movies